Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Comfort Food: Slow Cooker Beef Roast

I offer my apologies for the missed post last week and the lateness of this post. You see, I've been doing a lot of cooking lately, but I have forgotten to take pictures. That means we've missed out on some great stuff, but never fear. I will make them a second time, just for all of your benefit. Especially now that I've learned, thanks to Thanksgiving, that people are actually reading this. [I'm still trying to figure out the comments section. I'll let you know when I have that sorted out.]

So without further adieu, a childhood favorite and a good meal for very lazy days: The Slow Cook Beef Roast.

The best thing about this meal is not even the ease of it. It's the smell. Coming home to the smell of this delightful meal simmering away is heavenly. Even more so on freezing winter days like the past few have been.

All it takes is a few vegetables, beef stock, and a beef roast (Just about any cut will do. It will be cooking so long that it will be plenty tender. I assure you.)



Slow Cooker Beef Roast
via (to the best of my knowledge) mi madre

[What you need]
Cut of Beef
Salt
Pepper
Carrots
Potatoes
Onions
Beef Stock or Broth (enough to pretty much cover the roast)
A slow cooker

[What to do]
1. Season the Beef with salt and pepper then add to slow cooker
2. Chop up the various vegetables and add them around the roast.
3. Cover this in stock/broth
4. Cook on low for about 8 hours
5. (and don't forget this step, it's crucial) At some point in that 8 hour period, leave and then come home so you can enjoy that smell.

See? Wasn't that easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment