Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Italian Egg Drop Soup (Stracciatella)

Soup.

I love soup...

If I had to limit myself to eating only two kinds of food for the rest of my life, they would be pizza and soup. If I had to limit myself to one? As much as this pains me, pizza, it would have to be soup.

This soup...is spectacular. So much so that I made it twice in a week. And, not just because we really needed to use all the chard.


It's just a perfect soup for when the days begin to chill.


Italian Egg Drop Soup (Stracciatella)
inspired by Simply Recipes

[What You Need]
6 cups chicken broth
1 egg
1 T breadcrumbs
2 T parmesan cheese
2 cloves minced garlic
1 t ginger
1 t tumeric
1 t chili powder
1 or 2 bunch chard

[What to do]
  1. Bring broth to a boil, add chard and garlic. Continue to boil ~5 min.
  2. Whisk egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, and spices together in a separate bowl.
  3. Gently drop the mixture into the soup. Allow to sit for a few seconds, then stir.
  4. Allow to sit for a minute before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment